Te Anau and Milford Sound
With my working rota being 11days on 3days off, I have been able to do some travelling around southern New Zealand to see some of the attractions close to where I am living and working.
In the time that I have been here so far I have already travelled to Bluff and seen the last sign post, and also travelled to Queenstown to see what adrenaline activities are available to do and even experienced the 'Ferg Burger' which was the most amazing burger I have ever had.
This past week I decided to travel to Te Anau and Milford Sound. They were destinations a lot of people from back home, who had had the privilege to travel to New Zealand, had said I had to visit, and oh my god were they right.
I decided to travel and spend my first day in Te Anau. It's mainly a tourist town and a stop off for people who are travelling towards Milford Sound. A gorgeous town with a beautiful lake running alongside it.
Back home, I was never the type of person to stop working and take time out to just stop and appreciate the surroundings in which I grew up in, I just never had the time.
This all changed when I arrived in Te Anau, in fact it's changed since I arrived in New Zealand. It was difficult for me at the start to get my head around not working for three days and just relaxing and taking time out for myself. What was I ment to do with myself? A strange feeling I had never experienced before, but I am slowly coming to appreciate it and understand that I need to take time out every once in a while.
The weather in Te Anau was gorgeous and the lake that runs alongside the town was lovely to sit alongside and just chill out.
The following day I decided to head towards Milford sound. The weather unfortunately wasn't the best, but I was able to see a lot of the amazing scenery along the route, and what a spectacular route it was. Winding roads, humongous snow caped mountains, hundreds of small waterfalls and a selection of stop off's whereby I was able to pull in and really appreciate this landscape. People back home were right, it's definately a must to visit if you travel to New Zealand.
I have a number of places I still want to travel to whilst being in New Zealand, and with only two months left of me working here I'm looking forward to spending more time visiting these gorgeous destinations and spending quality time to myself.
H x





Comments
Post a Comment