New job roles.....

With calving well and truely over (this still upsets me a lot and I'm missing the crazy little calves like mad) and the need to dust the paddocks finally finished, I have taken on a new selection of jobs which need to be carried out around the farm.

We have AB'd over half the herd so far and this is still the main job of the morning while doing the early milking. I have learnt a lot about how to identify all the signs of if a cow is on heat not only via the tail paint, but by other helpful signs also.


My other roles now involve grubbing. It's a strange word to describe the job but it basically means I have to go around the paddocks that the cows have been in and remove a certain weed from it before it flowers and the seeds spread.

We have also been spraying the lanes around the farm of any other weeds and grasses so that the farm looks clean and tidy for the summer season.


The temperature has started to rise but we are still getting spring showers of heavy rain, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that the sunshine will arrive soon.

H x




Comments

Popular Posts