Pink bale wrap

Yes you have read right. Baby pink coloured bales have started appearing in paddocks across New Zealand. At first I had to take a double take when I first saw them. I almost thought I was dreaming, but it's true, contractors accross New Zealand have started wrapping the silage bales in pink wrap. I think it's a fantastic idea, and adds a feminine touch to the countryside which is brilliant, but there is a really good reasoning behind all this amazing coloured circles in the paddocks.


The reason is to raise awareness for breast cancer. It has been described as the 'wrap-in-pink' initiative and part of the sales of wrap will go towards raising funds for breast cancer and cancer research in general. It's a focus on women in the rural community, however many farmers are leaving their bales in the fields, by the side of the roads for a few extra days so that non-rural people can also see them and help raise the awareness of breast cancer.

I think this is an amazing idea and fantastic to see the farming community in New Zealand raise the awareness of breast cancer through one of the busiest times of their farming calendar. It's only being done as a one-off at present, however I think this would be a fantastic thing to see more often, especially back home in the UK.

Well done farmers of New Zealand.

H x


Comments

Popular Posts