24th August 2014

In my last post (One month has gone) I mentioned that on the 24th August I cupped all the first herd for the first time on my own. It wasn't until after I had finished writing that post did I realise that that date proved to be very significant to me in more ways than one. It wasn't just because I'd cupped them all on my own, but that date had been a memorable date for me before in the past.

I wouldn't describe myself as a religious person, but a part of me does feel as though there are people who have past that look over us from above.

As you may have previously read in this blog, my grandfather was a very important and inspiring man to me, and there's a part of me that believes he is watching over me making sure I am ok. 


On the 24th August 2011, we received a phone call at around 3pm to tell us they were turning off the life support machine for my grandfather, and that they suggested we all came to say goodbye as a family.

On the 24th August 2014 at roughly 3pm I started to cup the first herd all on my own for the first time. 

My grandfather loved my passion for the dairy industry and was always telling me to chase my dreams. 

It's a date I'll never forget in more ways than one.

H x

Comments

Popular Posts