Photographing Farming
A number of years ago, I attended one of the last Royal Agricultural Shows held at Stoneliegh Park. At this show there was a small photographic exhibition called 'Food and Farming - an urban perspective'. The exhibition was a collaboration between Richard Benson and the photographer Kevin Fordd, who between them captured and described what it was like to live in the rural communities. Below you can see a few of the images from that exhibition.
I never really took much interest in photography up until seeing this exhibition, of course I used to take photos all the time, however I never wanted to know much about the creative subject.
Since seeing this exhibition, I have seen and taken an interest in several more photographers work, especially photographers who have themed their work on the agricultural communities. One photographer in particular, Chris Clunn, recently collaborated with the FUW on the farming community of Meirionnydd. I loved these images and comments, because they were similar to the comments I hear in my rural community, and the photographs were really visually inspiring. There have been several other exhibitions I have attended, but I won't tell you about them all.
Last September I decided to take the plunge and enroll myself on a City and Guilds Digital Image Capture course at one of my local colleges, to learn more about how to use my digital camera to it's full potential, and hopefully create my own collection of images based of the rural way of life. I've put a few images I've taken so far below for you to see.
I will keep you updated on how my project evolves, and I'm sure I'll post a few more images along my journey.
H x





Comments
Post a Comment